I LOVE the dollar store and I never in a million years thought I'd ever say that.
Before I had kids, I had never really been in a dollar store, but then when Katie and I were staying home together we would go for walks in town and there was a brand new dollar store that we would visit.
Here are the things I ALWAYS BUY there.
- Books !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Board Books GALORE - and not just crappy, no name versions - all the stuff in the picture above is from various Dollar Stores. Coloring books, Preschool work books, Board Books -I even managed to grab some big girl hard cover Disney Princess storybooks once
- Stickers - Katie went through a phase where she used stickers all day, every day and we made lots of projects... we got regular stickers, (current characters) foam stickers, foam shapes, re-usable stickers to decorate her walls and more
- Flash Cards - Katie LOVED flashcards (Ben just tries to eat them) She learned her alphabet and numbers from flashcards from the dollar store
- Balloons - I hate balloons because I had the sound when they pop - I also hate how much they cost - but they are only a buck at the dollar store and I'm talking legit Mylar balloons with princess, elmo, mickey, etc......
- Bubble Bath - I hit the jackpot the other day and found Strawberry Shortcake Bubble bath, Abby Cadabby hair de-tangler, Elmo hand soap and more - I stocked up because seriously - for a dollar you can't go wrong! And when they run out, I will re-fill the bottles with regular bath soap
- Some Cleaning supplies - I found some Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner the other day and grabbed it - cause it was WAY cheaper than at Target.