Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Grocery Shopping Race Game

I can't take credit for this entire idea... my friend Kate mentioned making a special grocery list for her 3 year old with pictures and letting him help pick things from his list while shopping and I just added a race to it.

Here is what we do.

I make the grocery list - based on specials and coupons.
I split that list up in 2 for me and my husband.
Then I make a special list with pictures from the flyer for Katie (she helps me glue them)

Then we split up into teams at the grocery store - one of us takes the baby and one of us takes Katie. We tell her we are racing and have to find everything on our lists... We cross paths during the trip to say hello and check in.

Grocery shopping gets done in 1/2 the time.
We still get to spend time together.
Katie has fun.
Ben loves sitting in the grocery cart.

All is right with the world;) Even on a Sunday - which is the day we have done it for the last 2 weeks.

Just another idea for making normal chores manageable:)

Happy Saturday night!

1 comment: