Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Teething Bling - GET ONE!




O.k. I posted previously how I initially thought this product was silly - until I had my son who actually tries to chew on everything he can get his little hands on. (My daughter never did that)

We ordered the Coral Pendant and it came in the mail quickly. My only disappointment with this product is that the color is a little darker than it looked on the computer - it's more of a fall-ish orange - and I was envisioning a brighter, summery orange. Obviously that is a small disappointment and something that cannot be avoided when ordering online as colors differ from computer to computer.

I used a special savings code they advertised in Baby magazine and got a GREAT deal on it too which made me happy since we are pinchin' pennies left and right here!

At first, I thought the string was a little long - but then when Ben woke up and started playing with it, I realized again that these ladies are smarties who know exactly what they are doing. It's the perfect length so that he can play/chew on it and it won't pull my neck down or get uncomfortable.

He already knows it's for him to play with after a few days of me giving it to him and he looks for it when I'm holding him and his mouth hurts. He also looks for it when he's nursing which was a welcome surprise because he tends to get a bit distracted lately and pulls away to look at stuff while trying to nurse at the same time. (yes, it is as uncomfortable as it sounds and NO, mommy's body doesn't bend and twist that way)

It is dishwasher safe - which is a plus for people who tend to dishwash everything - although I haven't figured out what to do with the chord yet if I were to put it in the dishwasher.

For now, I wash it like any other teething toy. with hot, soapy water.

My 2.5 year old daughter likes to wear it when I'm not wearing it which is funny because for a little girl who is "princess" age - she's a tried and true tom boy - so her interest in the jewelry makes me smile.

They have TONS of different colors and I might just splurge and get myself one of their shimmery pendants as I think they are just adorable.

Smart Moms, the company responsible for this awesome product, is going to be sending me a bangle bracelet to review as well - and I am assuming that it's going to be just as awesome as the pendant and that I will be telling you to order a set for your next baby shower gift :)

All in all, I love this item. My husband even wears it sometimes when we are at home and he's holding Ben to give him something to chew on that we don't have to keep holding or handing back to him. So, so far - our entire family of 4 are huge fans!!!

Thank you Smart Moms, for being so smart and creating this fun, modern product for baby AND mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment