Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Territorial


I never thought I'd get territorial about a Mug.

I drink Coffee - every day. Not really sure why because I'm convinced I don't really feel the effects of Caffeine and it's only 1 to 2 cups a day an I have always been able to go to Half Caff with No problems - but I do it.

There is something about the ritual of sitting down with a hot cup of coffee with sugar and cream that just means it's time to start my day...

My mother gave me this mug for my first mothers day and I've pretty much had my morning coffee from this mug since I got it. Unless it's dirty or hard to find and I'm in a rush.
(it says Mommy's Sippy Cup on it)

I have to admit that when I drink my coffee out of a different cup - it's just not the same.

Anyway - my in laws were down a few weekends ago and my FIL grabbed it to make some tea - no big deal right? We get along great - especially for in laws as I am finding from listening to my friends tell about theirs - anyway - when I saw that he was making tea - I am going to admit - My heart kinda stopped for a second.

Ridiculous I know. But the thought in my head was - hey, that's my cup - I sounded just like Katie does when she is claiming one of her toys and I know it's crazy.

Apparently, I turn into a possessive 2 year old when it comes to my coffee mug.

So, if you come to my house and grab that mug - and I give you a strange look for a second - don't worry I'll get over - it's just a gut reaction - I don't mean it.

I learned how to share a long time ago and I can share my mug - but I'm warning you - if you are using it and you break it - run away fast - I am not sure yet what my reaction would be to that and I can't be held accountable!!!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment